First Certification Training Happening April 30-May 3rd 2020!
Registration Is Now Open!
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
THE FIRST SOMATIC TRAINING PROGRAM FOR EATING DISORDER PROFESSIONALS Is Now Available!
Learn how to teach this unique 8-week therapeutic program based on the brain-based knowledge of eating disorders and the world of neuroscience.
You will learn why the evidenced-based skills of interoceptive awareness, embodiment and self-compassion are critical to long-term recovery and how to properly deliver these skills in safe and effective way. This somatic-based training will prepare you to deliver this program in a group format or by coaching your client through it individually.
Through building somatic and brain-based skills of interoceptive awareness, mindfulness, and self-compassion, your clients will learn emotional regulation from the inside out. Their body will become a primary source of information and emotional regulation. They will develop the skills necessary to reduce fear and anxiety and learn how to work with and prevent getting stuck in self-harming and self-critical cycles.
This training is open to all clinicians, dieticians, and certified eating disorder coaches to be offered out individually, into your community, or within your treatment program as this program can be integrated alongside any other theoretical framework.
This program was developed through my doctoral research on self-compassion, my book Befriending Your Body, a pilot study on the program, and over 27 years of clinical knowledge working with those struggling with disordered eating and body image issues.
Your clients will develop a new respectful and trusting relationship with their body, food and self for integrated and lasting healing and freedom!
- An in-depth understanding of interoceptive awareness and brain-based knowledge regarding eating disorders and your client’s nervous system.
- Learn how to effectively intervene in their symapthetic response and what skills and interventions work to regulate that and why
- How to teach your clients about their inner body (nervous system and brain) so that you are no longer just discussing image
- How to take an assessment and intake of their “body’s history” and their relationship with it to help them move forward into re-establishing a new one
- Learn skills that re-connect and re-establish brain-body signals for a deeper connection to self and full recovery
- Learn why our clients need a different delivery method of self-compassion and what that is and the “how” to deliver.
- Explore skills of self-compassion and how self-compassion sustains recovery through action and responsibility
- A fully executed manual with detailed word-for-word description of the practices and teachings week by week to guide your clients through.
- Learn how to deliver the skills both in a group format or individually
There are two levels to the full certification process. because the work is experiential it is VERY important that you, as a practitioner, is willing to explore and feel what the practices are like for yourself before you can effectively train and give these off to another. Therefore, the first level is to purchase the online 8-week Befriending Your Body Program (email for the discount code) and work the program yourself. Once complete, please fill out the registration form below to register for the full 4-day in person training.
**Please note, for those who attended my full-day seminar through PESI (Disordered eating: Somatic, Self-Compassion and Mindfulness Skills for Lasting Recovery) please note that full-day seminar counts as your level 1 training. You may fill out the registration form to apply for the in-person training.
Pricing for those needing Level 1 and Level 2: $1,250 total ($250 for the online program, which you get to keep forever) and $1,000 for the full certification.
For those that have attended the PESI training the cost is $1,000 for the full certification.
Please email me with any further questions and see the Q & A portion below:
What if I have yoga training? Do I need to take the Level 1?
Yes, this is not a yoga program. Where yoga is one form of somatic intervention, the interventions you will learn are very different from yoga. These skills are based on interoceptive awareness and the regulation of one’s nervous system.
Can I do this training if I am an eating disorder coach or dietician or do i have to be a licensed Therapist?
Yes, this training is open to all ED professionals. I ask that you have at least a background in working with the population. Because you are learning skills and how to effectively guide these along with the proper teaching, structure and feedback to give to clients, you are able to lead your clients through in the moment and through experience, rather than getting caught up in emotional dialogue about the eating disorder. Clients are guided to stay focused on what they are experiencing and you are taught how to hold that experience through presence, compassion and teaching.
Is the Level 2 only in person?
Yes, the Level 2 training is just in person as it is important for us to practice together and for me to witness your skills in guiding.
How often is it given?
Right now, it is scheduled for this April 30th-May 3rd in Saratoga Springs, NY. If there is demand for another training in 2020 I will add another in either in the summer or fall.