Next Training 2021 Dates/times To Be Announced
THE FIRST SOMATIC TRAINING PROGRAM FOR EATING DISORDER PROFESSIONALS Is Now Available!
Learn how to teach this unique 8-week therapeutic program based on the brain-based knowledge of eating disorders and the world of neuroscience.
You will learn why the evidenced-based skills of interoceptive awareness, embodiment and self-compassion are critical to long-term recovery and how to properly deliver these skills in a safe and effective way. This somatic-based training will prepare you to deliver this program in a group format or by coaching your client through it individually.
Through building somatic and brain-based skills of interoceptive awareness, mindfulness, and self-compassion, your clients will learn emotional regulation from the inside out. Their body will become a primary source of information and emotional regulation. They will develop the skills necessary to reduce fear and anxiety and learn how to work with and prevent getting stuck in self-harming and self-critical cycles.
This training is open to all clinicians, dieticians, and certified eating disorder coaches to be offered out individually, into your community, or within your treatment program as this program can be integrated alongside any other theoretical framework.
This program was developed through my doctoral research on self-compassion, my book Befriending Your Body, a pilot study on the program, and over 28 years of clinical knowledge working with those struggling with disordered eating and body image issues.
Your clients will develop a new respectful and trusting relationship with their body, food and self for integrated and lasting healing and freedom!
What you will gain:
- An in-depth understanding of interoceptive awareness and brain-based knowledge regarding eating disorders and your client’s nervous system.
- Learn how to effectively intervene in their sympathetic response and what skills and interventions work to regulate that and why
- How to teach your clients about their inner body (nervous system and brain) so that you are no longer just discussing image
- How to take an assessment and intake of their “body’s history” and their relationship with it to help them move forward into re-establishing a new one
- Learn skills that reconnect and re-establish brain-body signals for a deeper connection to self and full recovery
- Learn a unique and new systematic delivery method of self-compassion.
- Learn why our clients need it to be a different delivery method of self-compassion and what that is and the “how” to deliver.
- Explore skills of self-compassion and how self-compassion sustains recovery through action and responsibility
- You receive a fully executed manual with detailed word-for-word description of the practices and teachings week by week to guide your clients through.
- Learn how to deliver the skills both in a group format or individually
There are two levels to the full certification process. Because the work is experiential it is VERY important that you, as a practitioner, are willing to explore and feel what the practices are like for yourself before you can effectively train and give these off to another.
This is a 2-part certification training. Level 1 is to partake in one of my virtual BFYB Programs held through Zoom. You are working the program personally, as a participant, along with others so you can personally embody and experience the work.
LEVEL 1 Enroll in the next BFYB Virtual Program
Level 1: $299.99 for the 8-week virtual program
Level 2 Certification: $1,200 includes a fully guided manual. The next Level 2 Certification will take place in 2021. There will be an in-person training in Saratoga Springs, NY and a virtual training date and times TBA.
$1,200 for the full BFYB Professional Certification Status.