Restorative Yoga Teacher Training Level 1
This training is open to yoga instructors and students who have had a dedicated practice for at least two years. It is limited to 12 participants.
In this 40-hour training, you will learn the art and skill of teaching restorative yoga. All aspects of the subject will be covered.
Participants will learn:
- The Art of “seeing” a body and developing your eye and intuition.
- The cycle of stress in the body and mind, including the physiology and neuroscience of stress and relaxation
- The physical, emotional, and spiritual aspects of restorative yoga
- Anatomy of the spine
- Basic postures along with therapeutic adjustments
- Beginning training in what embodiment is and therapeutic presence
- How to lead a full restorative group class and how to sequence restoratives into an active practice
- The beginning of working 1:1
- Proper setups and adjustments for different bodies
- Working with special populations (pregnancy, physical limitations)
- Sequencing the class/Workshop
- Working 1:1
- Sequencing restoratives into an active vinyasa class
A 40-hour certificate will be issued upon completion of the training.
In addition to the group training, students will be required to complete a project for final certification. Students will also receive a certificate of completion indicating 40 Yoga Alliance CEU hours in Restorative Yoga. This training is held in Saratoga Springs, NY at Yoga Mandali studio www.yogasaratoga.com or may be arranged at your studio. Please call for details.
For mental health providers looking to train in Yoga Therapeutics Mindfulness-Based Embodiment (MBE), this training serves as the foundation training. You will leave with the knowledge of yoga therapeutic skills, postures and interventions suitable to be integrated into client sessions. Level 2 for mental health providers completes the full certification.
Please contact Ann for more details on this program at firstname.lastname@example.org
October 13-15th & 27-29th.
(Two long weekends, Friday – Sunday)
Fridays — 9:30am – 5:00 pm
Saturdays — 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sundays — 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Early Bird (paid in full by March 5) — $825
After March 5 — $895
A nonrefundable $200 deposit is due at time of registration to secure your spot. Full tuition must be paid by March 24, 2017. Training is limited to 12 participants.
A nonrefundable $200 deposit is due at time of registration (included in full payment amount). Full payment is due two weeks prior to the training start date. Cancellations made after this time (within the two weeks prior to start date) or after the start date, will result in NO refunds.
If you have specific questions about the training, please contact Ann directly at email@example.com
Restorative Yoga Teacher Training Level 2
Level 2 Restorative Teacher training is open for those who have completed the Level 1 training in restorative yoga. This training emphasizes mind/body therapeutics and working 1:1 with clients. A great emphasis is placed on embodiment and the development of presence in the teacher-client relationship.
It is open to those who have completed the level one training. It is designed to:
- Further develop your eye, voice, touch and intention in working both individually and in a class setting
- Further develop your understanding of the Doshas/Koshas in restorative poses
- Develop dynamic use of props to address individual needs/special populations
- Learn to effectively work 1:1 with students developing individualized sequences based on need.
- Learn therapeutic sequences to address mind/body connection, anxiety, depression, and stress reduction.
- Explore working with mind/body integration.
- Learn and understand proper boundaries of care
- Learn therapeutic poses and creative restorative poses.
- Deepen presence with a client and effective communication.
In addition to the group training, students will be required to complete an at home project which consists of working with a client 1:1 for 6 weeks. This is a required project for final certification. This training is held in Saratoga Springs, NY at Yoga Mandali studio www.yogasaratoga.com or may be arranged at your studio. Please call for details.
Spring 2017 Dates
May 19-21, 2017
Friday – 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday – 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Sunday – 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Early Bird (paid in full by April 1) — $575
After April 1 — $625
A nonrefundable $150 deposit is due at time of registration to secure your spot. Full tuition must be paid by May 5, 2017. Training is limited to 10 participants.
A nonrefundable $150 deposit is due at time of registration (included in full payment amount). Full payment is due two weeks prior to the training start date. Cancellations made after this time (within the two weeks prior to start date) or after the start date, will result in NO refunds.
For more information and/or to register please contact Ann directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518 894-8344