The following training programs are now considered Member Schools of IAYT (The International Association of Yoga Therapists). For certified yoga teachers, hours may be applied to continuing ed credits through YA.
For those of you interested in the 300 hour Yoga Therapy Training, the Level 1 & 2 Restorative Yoga Training programs are the prerequisites of the 300 hour Yoga Therapy teacher training program and count as 110 hours towards the 300. A new program will begin in June 2019.
Restorative Yoga Teacher Training Level 1
This training is open to yoga instructors and students who have had a dedicated practice for at least two years. It is limited to 12 participants. It is an extremely comprehensive training program that is unique in format and in what you will learn. Ann brings years of experience in working with hundreds of bodies in the restorative practice and incorporates her teaching on embodiment and the understanding of our nervous system for a truly comprehensive training unlike any other.
In this 50-hour training, you will learn the art and skill of teaching restorative yoga. All aspects of the subject will be covered.
Participants will learn:
- The Art of “seeing” a body and developing your eye and intuition.
- The cycle of stress in the body and mind, including the physiology and neuroscience of stress and relaxation
- The physical, emotional, and spiritual aspects of restorative yoga
- Anatomy of the spine
- Basic postures along with therapeutic adjustments
- Beginning training in what embodiment is and therapeutic presence
- How to lead a full restorative group class and how to sequence restoratives into an active practice
- The beginning of working 1:1
- Proper setups and adjustments for different bodies
- Working with special populations (pregnancy, physical limitations)
- Sequencing the class/Workshop
- Working 1:1
- Sequencing restoratives into an active vinyasa class
A 50-hour certificate will be issued upon completion of the training.
In addition to the group training, students will be required to complete a project for final certification. Students will also receive a certificate of completion indicating 50 Yoga Alliance CEU hours in Restorative Yoga. This training is held in Saratoga Springs, NY at Yoga Mandali studio www.yogasaratoga.com or may be arranged at your studio. Please call for details.
Please contact Ann for more details on this program at email@example.com
Level 1 Dates for 2019 TBA
A nonrefundable $200 deposit is due at time of registration to secure your spot. Training is limited to 12 participants.
A nonrefundable $200 deposit is due at time of registration (included in full payment amount). Full payment is due two weeks prior to the training start date. Cancellations made after this time (within the two weeks prior to start date) or after the start date, will result in NO refunds.
If you have specific questions about the training, please contact Ann directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Restorative Yoga Teacher Training Level 2 – 60 hours
Level 2 Restorative Teacher training is open for those who have completed the Level 1 training in restorative yoga. This level training goes to the depth of restorative practice and its therapeutic nature. This extremely comprehensive training emphasizes mind/body therapeutics and working 1:1 with clients. A great emphasis is placed on the teaching of embodiment and the development of your presence in the teacher-client relationship. Ann brings a wealth of information to this training from her years of working 1:1 with individuals. Her expertise in mind-body integration and embodiment make this training unique.
It is open to those who have completed the level one training. It is designed to:
- Further develop your eye, voice, touch and intention in working both individually and in a class setting
- Further develop your understanding of the Doshas/Koshas in restorative poses
- Develop dynamic use of props to address individual needs/special populations
- Learn to effectively work 1:1 with students developing individualized sequences based on need.
- Learn therapeutic sequences to address mind/body connection, anxiety, depression, and stress reduction.
- Explore working with mind/body integration.
- Learn and understand proper boundaries of care
- Learn therapeutic poses and creative restorative poses.
- Deepen presence with a client and effective communication.
In addition to the group training, students will be required to complete an at home project which consists of working with a client 1:1 for 6 weeks. This is a required project for final certification. This training is held in Saratoga Springs, NY at Yoga Mandali studio www.yogasaratoga.com or may be arranged at your studio. Please call for details.
Next Training March 2019 Dates to be announced
Dates and Times
Early bird (PIF before Mar. 1st) $850
A nonrefundable $150 deposit is due at time of registration to secure your spot. Training is limited to 10 participants.
A nonrefundable $150 deposit is due at time of registration (included in full payment amount). Full payment is due two weeks prior to the training start date. Cancellations made after this time (within the two weeks prior to start date) or after the start date, will result in NO refunds.
For more information and/or to register please contact Ann directly at email@example.com or 518 894-8344
Coming Soon 2018
300 hour Yoga Teacher Training in Yoga Therapeutics!
300 Hour Yoga Therapy Training Program beginning June 2018. Registration for this year is full. Another will begin June 2019. Dates TBA. Please note that the level 1 & 2 Restorative Yoga Teacher Training programs must be completed prior to the start date.
This program is opened to yoga teachers that have at least a 200 hour or more certification and who have completed the level 1 & 2 restorative yoga training programs. It is held during the course of a year in 8-weekend modules beginning on a Friday evening 6-9pm and Saturday and Sunday 9-5.
You will learn:
* Posture refinement and review through case presentations
* Embodied Anatomy and Yin yoga postures that support restorative therapeutics
* Yoga psychology
* Medical and Emotional Health related to yoga therapy
* Embodied Mindfulness
* Development of your own unique program in yoga therapeutics
* Practicum in the community
* Marketing your practice