Level 2 Certification (Pre-requisite- Level 1 restorative yoga TT)
Mindfulness-Based Embodiment ™ is a somatic training for mental health providers looking to learn techniques of embodiment and somatic psychotherapy that are “hands-off” approaches and therefore accessible in psychotherapy practice with all clients.
I have created this somatic training program for mental health professionals looking for practical skills to use to engage their clients in body awareness and deepening skills of embodiment that can fit into already existing theoretical frameworks and are “hands-off” interventions. This program was born from my extensive training and experience in the world of psychotherapy, mindfulness, and somatic work. I have 24 years experience as a clinical psychotherapist, am a certified yoga teacher, trainer, and yoga therapist. I hold a certificate in mindfulness and am an MSC (mindful self-compassion) teacher.
The program consists of two level trainings. The first, Level 1, is to take the Level 1 Restorative Yoga teacher training. Here you will learn all the fundamentals of beginning embodiment and “seeing” a body, along with basic postures that you can begin to incorporate into your work with clients. This comprehensive training for certification includes full training of the specific interventions of Mindfulness-Based Embodiment ™, the verbal dialogue of MBE and how to guide a client through a full, embodied, awareness practice that leads to deep insight and change.
In this training, you will learn the following:
- The development of a personal practice. It’s importance and impact
- The role of the body in somatic psychotherapy
- How to properly attend to the communication and cues of the body
- Proper application of the restorative yoga poses learned in level 1for specific intervention and when to incorporate them
- Deepening embodied awareness
- Learning the Foundations of Mindfulness through the embodied door
- Learn to “see” embodied states of being (ESB), or how someone “lives” in their body
- Eye states of tension in the body, and how to address this in the moment
- How to lead a client through a full MBE session
- The role of the therapist and deepening presence
- The boundaries of an experiential embodied session
- The verbal guidance used
- Processing of the experience and the closure of a session.
Two 4-day training sessions (Thursday-Sunday) Thurs.-Saturday 9-5; Sunday 9-3hur
For certification, participants will be required to work with two clients in video-taped sessions for mentorship and supervision.
After the first 4-day training you will be required to video tape one client session using the beginning techniques learned. We will also meet as a group for 3 Zoom sessions before our next training.
After the second 4-day training you will be required to video tape a final session of a full MBE session along with a follow-up as a group of 3 Zoom sessions for final certification.
COST: $1,500 for the full training held in Saratoga Springs, NY or arranged at your location.